20/08/2016

minimalist room tour!


Yesterday, I finally took the last bag to the charity shop from this month-long room tidy!

I've been inspired by blogs and youtube to make my room more minimal. So I donated, binned and sold a lot of my possessions, and now I'm down to what I really need and use. Having a clean, spacious room feels great!





world map wall



















You don't have to be all monochrome and tumblr-looking to be a minimalist! In my room, my colour scheme is based on a pastel tones and some yellow. Also, that staple item in every minimalist blog: a cactus.

wardrobe





The wardrobe was perhaps the most satisfying place to see all cleaned up. Having only clothes left which I love and wear regularly feels wonderful. I use the rest of the space for seasonal clothes, card-writing supplies (i'm a tiny granny at heart) and school things

bed and under the bed



 I cleaned all the junk off my windowsill so now there's only a torch, water, and my retainer (in a jar, that minimalist staple) there. You can also see the musical collage from my post, here!

Under the bed, instead of a lot of miscellaneous mess, are two neat little boxes, with chargers and electronic stuff, and my stationary.



all the rest


 

I think the main goal of minimalism is to prune away the rubbish of your life so what you need and love most stands out above all. So I cut my elaborate wall decor down, and it's making my walls seem much more spacious.
You can also catch how to make the diamonds banner here.


I hope you are inspired to clean up a little, and get rid of a bag of rubbish or old things you dont need! Perfect way to start the new term.

Lots of love and songs from the Aladdin b'way soundtrack ,
- L

2 comments:

  1. this is so inspiring! gah i love the colour scheme of your room x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you sweetpea! i hope you have a lovely day xx

      Delete