29/07/2016

feeling productive over summer

Not having the daily routine of school can take its toll on your productivity during summer. 2 luxurious free months to do... nothing? This is how I try to keep the ball rolling over these months, and I hope it can help you too.
know your summer goals
If you have a page in your journal for summer goals beforehand, then you can breeze through ticking them off when summer finally comes. Having so much time free intimidates me a bit, but at least I know what I'm doing.

relax!
The beautiful sun and freedom from school pressures are made for relaxing! Spending time hanging out with your friends and family, exploring new places and doing fun things will make you more productive when you get back to work.

early to bed and early to rise
... makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Waking up early gives you so much more time do things in the morning, and to be in the sun.

daily goals
If you set a couple things as a bare minimum for any given day (for me, it's an hour of piano practice, and to go outside) then, even if you've spent the rest of the day doing not much, you'll feel you've at least hit the minimum.

tidy up
During school term, my room becomes a total cave of mess! So the holidays are the perfect time to get everything in shape again, and take some stuff to the charity shop.

What do you do to stay active in summer?
Thanks for reading; if my blog has helped you, I'd love if you could subscribe.

Lots of love,
L


No comments:

Post a Comment